I have not done this job myself and that is why I don't have any pictures.
This was copied from a post from "kermit" on www.saabcentral.com.
Its long winded and fiddly but take your time and its a DIY job.
Instrument Panel Removal
1. Adjust steering wheel to lowest position
2. Remove steering column shrouds (2 screws lower, 1 upper)
3. Depress the retaining clips and withdraw both steering column stalks then
disconnect the wiring.
4. Remove the radio head unit, the SID and ACC control panels.
5. Remove fascia switches located on the inner side of the steering column.
6. Remove lid from fuse box on end of dash, insert finger in and push out
lighting switches from behind. Make a note of where the black, orange and
green connectors go to.
7. Prise out any blank buttons on the dash fascia.
8. Undo the screws and remove the (walnut) instrument surround panel.
(there are 6 screws and 4 clips located in the various
apertures, all must be released, take your time and be careful to avoid
9. Undo the instrument panel mounting screws, then withdraw the unit and
unplug the wiring connectors.
1. Undo and remove the 8 screws securing the back panel to the module.
(4 short screws, 4 long screws, make a note of their position)
2. Release the two side clips and withdraw the back panel.
3. Disconnect the wiring plugs and remove the printed circuit boards.
4. Twist the bulbholder counter clockwise to remove faulty bulbs.
5. Fit the new bulb by turning clockwise.
You can get bulbs for both the dash and ventilated seat switches from your
SAAB main dealer or from Nick at